Monday, November 15, 2010

Stamp-A-Stack #2 Continued....


Ok, I'm back! Here are the other cards we made on friday for the #2 Stamp-a-Stack. This one is my favorite! I saw this snowman and had to use him because he is sooooo cute. The cool thing is that he fits inside a standard envelope so no special envelopes are needed! The background snowflakes are embossed with iridescent ice embossing powder and dotted with Stickle glitter glue. The snowflakes are a Big Shot die called Norther Frost that is in the SU Holiday Mini Catalog. "Snowy" is glittered up and all of it is sprayed with a shimmer mist. My kids think it looks like a baby card, but I think it has that "Vintage " look.

The Embossed Skater Card was fun to make. I saw the oval embossing technique online and my upline told me how to make it. You cut out an oval from a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 card using chipboard and keep the outside frame. When you run the Poinsettia texture plate thru the big shot you place the oval frame on the outside and magically the oval remains flat! You can't see it but this card shimmers too! Love the shimmer spray...so soft...sooooo sparkly.
The Sparkly Snowflake was my final card. I needed one last card to share and so I sat down to create something and this card was born....or created....you get the point. The snowflakes are stamped in Gold embossing ink but not embossed. You can emboss and add even more sparkle. Then I gold Stickled the centers. I used Gold Lame Smooch to do the tips of the Snowflake die on the ribbon along with stickles. This card sparkles. I just love it and so did my friends.  These projects were fun to make and you can make them too! I have one more class coming up for the cards and can offer them as a project kit for $15 (tax & shipping if mailing).  Hope you enjoyed these cards as much as I enjoyed sharing them with you!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Soooo cute! Oh, speaking of cute, did you get your Spring Mini Catalog?? OMGosh, I can hardly breathe. It's like, Cath Kidston meets Posie Gets Cozie... Love. It.

Hugs,
Jill