Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Birthday Musings....

Last Friday was my birthday and my mom and family treated me to a wonderful day. I went to pick my mom up because she was taking me to lunch at Bobo's....my favorite Vietnamese restaurant, and this is what was waiting for me. A wonderful gift basket filled with goodies. We were looking at the latest Martha Stewart Magazine and saw a cake plate towered with red and white Christmas candy.  I commented on how I would like to do that, and she went out and found every red and white candy she could find to fill this basket. There were a few goodies that wouldn't fit in the basket as well. But don't you think this is a fantastic basket? My mom has a talent for making great baskets.
So, after lunch.....and dinner, I went home and played with all the goodies in the basket and put this together...

What do you think? Isn't it fun? I am hoping to share it with some of my guests for the Holiday Open House in a week or so. I hope it will last that long....

2 comments:

Scrappin' Cat! said...

Oh my goodness, that is beautiful! Your mom has such an eye. The apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Jill said...

Wow! That is sooooo fun!! I love that!
Hugs,
Jill