Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Time Flies!

Oh My! Time does fly! I didn't realize it had been nearly 2 weeks since I last posted.
I have been busy preparing for my upcoming Card Buffet. For those of you who aren't yet familiar with a card buffet let me explain it briefly...
This is how I am doing mine and others may do theirs differently. I will be making about 10 different card samples. I will make 20 sets of each and place all of the materials to make each individual card in a shoe box. I will have a display of all the cards each numbered. The minimum for my buffet is 8 cards @ $2 each for a total of $16. My customers will look at my display and select and write on a menu which cards they want to make within the 3 hour time period. Then each customer gets 1 shoe box to work on at a time and when they are finished they will return them to the stack and get the next one. They can make all 8 of one design, 2 of 4 designs, or whatever they choose as long as they can do them within the time allotted. Oh, and next month I will rotate some of the cards out and add new ones!
I think this is a great idea and am really looking forward to seeing how it goes. It has been a lot of work as well as a lot of fun coming up with 10 ideas. This will be great fun for those who like to make cards. The designs are fairly simple and should be quick to make. I will still be holding specialty classes for more complicated designs.
If any of you are already participating in something like this let me know how it is working on either the making or selling end!



I just finished the cards from our group kits this month and wanted to share them with you tonight.

Thanks Lorraine for casing and preparing these great cards this month! This first one is from the Summer Mini set called Sunny Fun (123040).  I used the Eyelet Lace Border Punch instead of the Scallop Trip Punch that Lorraine used because I don't own that one yet! I think it turned out just fine don't you? I used the markers to color in the kids. The finishing touch is the Red Baker's Twine ran through a red button and tied around the punched pieces before mounting to the base card. 

The Land of the Free card (123100) was a quick and easy one. I was watching Lo's video on this one and I did mine upside down! Ha! What I mean is that I was supposed to put the Blossom Bouquet (122464) Triple Layer Punch pieces on the bottom like a banner....duh! I left it and decided to just go with it. There are rhinestones in the center of the blossom punches even though the picture looks like they are brads. I love the Star Spangled Banner words written all over this stamp. Very Patriotic!

Lo calls this Sailboat Summer. I just love the Baja Breeze cardstock! The Sail Away Stamp (123013) is in the Summer Mini. It was stamped using Pear Pizzaz ink. The white layer behind the sailboat is textured using the Elegant Lines texture folder and ran through the Big Shot. I like how Lo used a small piece of Baja Breeze on the bottom to look like a piece of the seam binding! The button is just threaded and glued right on top of the bow. This is such an elegant looking card.

Last but not least we have The Open Sea (123030) card. There were lots of layers used on this one. Lo used Riding Hood Red, Night of Navy, Sahara Sand,  a piece of Nautical Expedition DSP, and the ship was stamped on watercolor paper. The ribbon used in the center is 2 pieces of Night of Navy grossgrain and 1 piece of real red taped in a row on the paper. It looks like one piece of ribbon glued to the paper. Very clever use of the ribbon. I like how formal this card looks. You could put an invitation on the inside of this card. This would make a nice Father's Day card too. 
Well, I am off to do more preparation for this weekends card buffet! I will post the graduation cards I made when I get the chance. 
Have a great day!
Smiles, 
T

No comments: