Monday, June 20, 2011

Card Buffet

Well, I am happy to report that my Card Buffet last weekend was a success! I had just a few gals come, but they really liked the format and the cards. I am anxious to see how it goes next month! I will be swapping out some of the designs for some new ones but wanted to share some of the designs with you all. They are simple and quick to make and I was astonished to see that all the ladies made their 8 cards or more within 2 hours and not the 3 allotted hours! I did have most of the work done so it is stamp and assemble, but that's what they loved! Here's a few of the cards...
This card was my creation. I used the Love & Care Level 2 Hostess set (123020W/123022C) from the Summer Mini Catalog. I just love the bold flowers and being able to stamp a background in no time at all! This set would be good for scrapbook pages. You can stamp the background papers quick and in any color you choose! I used Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette, and Wild Wasabi here. You can't see it, but the center of the large flowers are glittered! Just the right amount of sparkle. 
Doesn't this make you want to go to Disneyland? Ice cream anyone?? I CASED this one from Stampin' Connection. Michelle Suit posted this and I just had to make it. I made it into a birthday card. Good for kids of all ages! I used the saying from the Birthday Bakery Hostess set that says, "if you are what you eat, eat something cute!" Any saying would do but I thought it was fitting. Can you say "Yum!"
This last one was CASED from someone at my last upline meeting. I didn't find out who's it was so I apologize for not giving someone credit for this adorable card! The original was not an easel card. I love the greens! I used one flower from the Friends Never Fade stamp set (118750W/120618C) and the Thanks from the Hodgepodge Happiness stamp set (117141W/120570C) which is slated to be discontinued on June 30th so get it while you can!! The ribbon is the Celery seam binding. I loved the black with the green. It's a good combo to make the color pop. Well, that's the first peek at my card buffet cards. Let me know which ones you like. 
Smiles, 
T

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darling! Love them all. So looking forward to next month, its on my calendar. Can't wait.

Cathy - ScrappinCat!

Hey, T, not sure what your comments moderation settings are on but I had a heck of a time getting this to post. Its like your on lock down. You might check 'em out and make them a bit simpler. :)

Christina Dowty said...

Thanks so much Cathy! I think I fixed the problem with your help. :o)