Saturday, December 18, 2010

Snowman Wall Hanger

I made this adorable wall hanging after seeing one like it on Stampin Connection, Stampin'Up's! Demonstrator website. I am sorry, but I copied the pic but forgot where I found it. I will have to look for the demo again and give her credit.
It's difficult to get a closer picture because it is so long, but I'll post some individual pics too....





I just love how cute this little snowman is peeking thru the letters! It was very simple to make. I used the Big Shot to cut out the scalloped squares in Whisper White. Then I ran them thru again using the Snow Frost Texture plate. I adhered them to Chipboard cut out in the same square shapes with Momo Glue. It is much stronger than the tape runner and will fit in the scallops easier. The letters were also cut using the 2" letter dies using Almost Artichoke cardstock. The cute little snowman came from the Jolly ol' Saint Nick stamp set in the Holiday mini catalog. I stamped 4 of them in black and colored his hat, scarf, and gloves in Real Red, then cut them out. Once cut out, he was placed behind each letter till I found a good position for him, then I trimmed off the excess. After gluing the letters down, I attached a Real Red/Very Vanilla stripe ribbon to the backside, spacing each square about an inch apart. I finished the top with a strip of Cherry Cobbler ribbon and wrapped a jeweled brad around the bottom piece of ribbon. Once it was all done, I used the shimmer spray to make it all sparkley....you know I love sparkley!
I think this is a great project for any occasion. You could even make a name banner for your kids room.
Please let me know if you are interested in making one of these in the new year. Happy Decorating!

No comments: