Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Crazy Ladies Cookie Exchange and Craft Night

I guess it's been awhile since I posted and I thought I'd share a few things with my friends out there in Blog World....


Monday night was our monthly craft night and we had a cookie exchange as well as a craft. I have only been to a couple of these before so I am not familiar with all the ins and outs of a cookie exchange, but I think it went over well. We had 6 ladies to trade cookies with and everyone was to bring 1 doz. cookies per each person so that was a total of 6 doz. cookies. Several of us decided to make more than one kind while a few just stuck to the plan and made one kind. I had everyone send me the recipes so I could format and print them out and then we put together paper bag books with all the recipes. I am still finishing mine up, but I wanted to share a pre-view with you all so here it is.....

 This is just the outside. I still need to make a title and do some more embellishing but I think it's a good start, don't you?
Here's a shot of the first pages. I did a bit of embellishing and I will be adding the name of the contributor to the page as well. On the side you can see the pocket with the pull out tags....















And here's a shot of the first pull out tag. I think I am really going to like this when it's done. These would make great gifts too.....I wonder who would want one of these????? Any ideas?
I must say, I love my friends and spending time with them like this. It was truly a blessed time. Thanks gals!

No comments: