Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Artisan Design Team Entries

Stampin'Up! has an Artisan Design Team Contest annually to pick people to design projects using Stampin'Up! projects. I decided to enter this year but was not selected as a finalist so I thought I'd share my entries here with you all. I enjoyed making these samples. My goal was not to be so spectacular that no one would ever copy them, but to make simple but doable items that could/would be copied. This is what I ended up with.


The first one here is a banded gate fold card using the Sale-a-Bration Everyday Enchantment DSP. I loved this paper and wished I'd stocked up on it now that its gone. Love the colors. I used the You are loved stamp set to match on the inside and Loving Thoughts for the saying.



Here's the inside view. Fun and simple. Lovely colors...


Another one using the same paper, different pattern, Beautiful Wings and Butterflies Die, lace border punch and Bird Builder punch for leaves.
I used stamped a little on the inside as well. Oh, and I added shimmer mist to almost everything you will see if not glitter because I love to sparkle!

You are Loved is a fun set.  Beautiful wings, and decorative label punch were used on this one. It is sparkled but not visible in the pics.
Mixed Bunch is one of my favorite sets! I liked this one that looks like snowflakes and the next one that are bright and sunny flowers. Very versatile!
Four Frames added just the right frame for the Birthday wishes which came from the Create a Cupcake set.
My 8x8 scrapbook page centered around my oldest daughter Alex. Beautiful wings accent the stamped butterflies from last years hostess set Precious Butterflies.
My daughter made this lovely prom dress in Fashion Design class and I wanted to show it off using vibrant colors. It's all glittered up and the flowers sparkle too.
This was Nicole my other daughter's favorite one. Of course, she is the main subject! This was done around a horse show she participated in last year. Out West stamp set, along with Letter it MDS letters were used. Love the blue and red.
This little favor box was made using the Fancy Favor box, the scalloped envelope die, and the blossom flower punch. I embossed them all with the Vintage Wallpaper folder and watercolored the flowers using an ink pad and water brush. I shimmered it as well. I thought it was lovely.
My last 3-D project was a shopping bag. Pretty standard bag using the Fancy Favor die, Label Framelits, and again Blossom punch. A fun treat holder.
So, since it was my first time entering, I didn't have high hopes of getting chosen as a finalist. I will check out this year's winners who were no doubt FABULOUS and guage my projects to enter for next year. Thanks for letting me share. Hope you enjoyed these projects.
Smiles,
T

2 comments:

Laura-Lee said...

These are great! Just stopped by from SC, I hope you stop by my blog and follow me too:) http://www.lauraleestamps.com

Hofkissed said...

Great projects. I just love that SAB DSP!
I'm also your newest follower from SC. :)
Steph - hofkissed.blogspot.com