Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Saturday stamping with a friend...

Last Saturday, I spent the day with my friend Flossie stamping and catching up. We didn't plan what we were going to do so I pulled up some pics off the internet and we picked something to make, then made it. It was so much fun. Here are the cards we made....
 The inspiration for this card was found on SU Stampin' Connection. Catherine Stockley made a version with different colors and I thought it was adorable. The jar stamp is from the Holdiay Catalog- Perfectly Preserved #126690).We used brighter colors and layered the butterflies. I like how it turned out so "Summery".
Lynn Pratt on Stampin' Connection created one like this. I thought it was adorable and a great use of the Owl Builder punch #118074. I've seen it made into little dresses as well. Do you notice the clouds made with the Cupcake Builder punch #121807? I love how people can come up with different uses for these punches, don't you?
Here's another one full of summer color! Patty Bennet posted one like this on her blog here. I made a few small changes to her design. I made one similar to this for my last card buffet as well. I like the shwoopies (Flowering Flourishes #126356) as the stem of the flower (Quintessential Flower #1126790). It's layered and blinged up a bit. I even shimmer sprayed....not hard to believe for those of you who know me.
 Here's another CASE from Brandyscards.com. You can see it here. She used the Language of Friendship  (#122750) stamp set and the Flowering Flourishes (#126356). I didn't have the same punches for the words so I improvised. I love the colors of this and the punches really made it easy to layer all of the elements.
This spring like card was made using the new stamp set Bootiful Occasions (#126595). The idea was CASED from Melissa Davies on Stampin' Connection. This set is adorable and I couldn't help but make several cards using it as you will see in the next few photos...
Allison Okamitsu from Nice people stamp! created this one. So cute and clever. You can see her original  here. Crystal Effects#101055 was used to create the puddle.
This is a Christmas cutie! Annette E. Martin displayed her design on Stampin' Connection and we adjusted the design to accommodate the stamps I had. It's glittered and shimmered. Too cute with the little fuzzy balls on the shoe strings.
And last, but not least....the cowboy boot.....This one was CASED from Stampin'Connection as well, by Anne Marie Hile. Too cute not to copy and share! What a fun day! Well, I will be planning my upcoming Card Buffet and Holiday projects soon and will post them as soon as I can. If you enjoyed these designs, please leave me some comment love....
Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great Card !! I was lame and googled myself, and found this post !! Hahahahaha. Thanks for the case !! Love your bright colors !!