Sunday, May 27, 2012

May Card Buffet

Friday night was my May Card Buffet. It's been awhile since my last class and I was really looking forward to sharing these new creations with everyone. With the new catalog available on June 1st, I am getting back into the stampin' groove. Hope you enjoy these cards as much as I had fun making them...

This one was inspired by Wendy Bell over at Wickedly Wonderful Creations. She has a really nice blog full of fun stuff. I liked the colors of the one she did and tried to make a card using what I had. They seemed like "manly" colors so I made it into a manly birthday card using the Open Sea(#123032) stamp set. The words are from a long retired birthday set.

I created a card similar to this one at one of Janice Urke's demo get together last month. I added a bit more color to this one. I will post the other card for you to compare it to. I just love this Bright Blossoms (#125497) set from the new catalog Summer Smooches Promotion offered last month. Oh, and I added a little glitter....love the sparkle!!

My friend Cathy over at Scrappin' Cat's Creative Endeavors CASED a card similar to this to one from Becky Roberts  of  Inking Idaho to make last weekend when we were stamping. I changed Becky's design up by using the Mixed Bunch(#125537) set and creating a butterfly. Too bad this paper, Everyday Enchantment was from Sale-a-Bration and is no longer available....love the colors! It's a bit difficult to see, but I used some shimmer spray on this card for a hint of sparkle.

This was a soft and sweet card. I love the colors of the CASED sample by  Linda Callahan and used You are Loved (#123779) set instead of the set used on the original.

Saw this on Pinterest and decided to copy... http://kbpapercraft.blogspot.com/2012/03/going-out-and-coming-in.html. The yellow is so bright and springy. Fresh Vintage was a Sale-a-Bration set and is no longer available. The From the Heart words are from a long retired set as well. 
Inspired by a picture on Pinterest by Jill Olsen. I love the collage concept and added a bit of color to the images stamped with the Nature Walk set.  The Happy Birthday is from the Creat a Cupcake set. I used a water pen to add a splash of color to the stamped images. I also shimmer sprayed this. Can you tell I like to sparkle things???

Well, this is the last week to order from the 2011-2012 catalog. Don't miss out on those retiring stamp sets and accessories. I reinstated my SU website so you can order directly from the site again.  I've been working on lots of other projects from the new catalog that I will be sharing with you in the next few days.

Thanks for stopping by. I love to read your comments so leave one for me and let me know which card you like.
Happy Stamping!
Smiles,
T

No comments: