Saturday, July 16, 2011

July's Card Buffet

I hosted my second card buffet last night in my home and it was lots of fun. My friends that came were really excited about the fact that most of the cutting and prep had already been done as well as the fact that they had 15 cards to choose from! I was going to swap out 5 of the 10 designs but decided to add 5. Next month I'll add a few and take away a few. I'm not sure how many I want to leave for a selection, but I will more than likely repurpose the materials I pull out for another fun card idea. Today, I wanted to share the new cards I added to the buffet.

I used the Hostess Set Precious Butterflies for this card. I used the standard envelope size card. Night of Navy, Baja Breeze, and Whisper White Card stock. So Saffron, Baja Breeze, and Certainly Celery Ink. You can't see it, but the butterflies/flowers on the front are glittered. 

This is the inside of the card.  
Another one of the choices in the card buffet was this:
I actually revamped a card from last month's buffet for this one. I wanted to used the Lace Border Punch. I used Love & Care from the Summer Mini Catalog. So Saffron  and Old Olive card stock and ink. The tops of the flowers on this one are also glittered. I am sorry the photo doesn't do it justice. I will be working on lighting and taking better pictures....promise!
I CASED this lovely card from Stampin'Connection. I will have to go back and find the demonstrators name and post it back here. The Bliss Sale-a-Bration set was used here. I embossed the shwoopie in white. Sponged in Early Espresso ink. I used Baja Breeze on the butterfly. I also added a touch of Baja Breeze to the outside edges. I liked the vintage look of this card. 

This was also a CASE. I thought it was really cute. You can dress it up or down with bling. You can add sleeves with a heart punch. Someone even made it look like an apron in one of the samples I saw online. This was simply Pretty In Pink card stock, organza ribbon, and a vintage rose embellishment. You can see how this could change with a different texture pattern as well, ruffles, etc....
This card was a favorite at the buffet last night. I think I like it because of the contrast between the Black and Melon Mambo card stock. The Flower Garden Texture folder was used and the image was sponged with coordinating ink. It's very simple but has a big impact I think...don't you?


The final sample was this...

 
I loved this one immediately when I found in online. Yes, it's CASED. Such talent out there! I used the Waterclolor Trio retired stamp set, Cherry Cobbler card stock,Baja Breeze card stock,  Paisley Petals DSP, and the Beautiful Wings Sizzlet die. I used the Word Window Punch for the right side of the card.

Here's an inside view. You can't see it but I spritzed the card with Shimmer Spray all over. I added rhinestones to the butterflies. It's really beautiful. 
Well, I am following all the news and stuff going on at Convention in Salt Lake City and will hopefully have something to share with you all soon. Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think of these cards. I love to hear your comments. Thanks for stopping by today! Till next time....
Happy Stamping!
Smiles, 
T






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very nice cards! Following you through SC. I'm #380. Come by for a visit!
www.cardsandmorebysheri.blogspot.com
Happy stamping!