Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sassy Meeting Card Exchange

I wanted to share some of the card exchanges from last weeks group meeting. The theme for the previous meeting was Patriotic or Red, White, & Blue. I missed that meeting but my friend Bonnie was able to pick up my card samples from the exchange. Everyone has such fun ideas and I just love to share them. This first one was mine. It was actually a combination of last month's theme and this month's theme. I didn't have much in the patriotic dept. but I had red, white, & blue in this wonderful set from the Summer Mini.
I thought this one would work really well for a Father's Day card as well as a men's birthday card. I love the Open Sea stamp set (123030W/123032C) found in the Summer Mini Catalog. I paired it up with the Nautical Expedition DSP (122343). The anchor and compass are embossed in silver and I sponged around the edges of each item to give it a worn look. The baker's twine on the anchor adds just a bit of fun as well as color. I like it. It's very manly and I think I will have a lot more fun ideas with this set in the future. Here are some of the other ladies cards from the group. 
The first card on the left was made by DeDe. I love how she did the yellow ribbon and hung the message from the brad. You can't see it in this picture, but she pierced the right edge of the card all down the side. Super cute! Brandy made the next one. She used the Land of the Free(123100) stamp and cut around it to make it into a flag. The background is textured with the Perfect Polka Dots (117335) texture folder and she stamped the message right on top of the Seam Binding Ribbon. 
The flag card on the left was done by Lorraine. She pieced the different parts together and glued them down to the card, then she ran them through the Big Shot using the square lattice texture folder. This is a fun technique that lots of people have been using to create a quilted kind of look.  Now, I have to apologize up front....the next few cards didn't have names on them so I don't know who made them. Ladies, I hope you will forgive me if it is one of your cards. The second card didn't have a name on it but I just love the firecrackers using the bakers twine! The tulip texture folder was used around the outside edge and she used the gold and silver markers to make the appearance of fireworks in the corner. Woo Hoo!
Kay designed the card on the left here. Just adorable!! I love the way she used the Doily Triple Layer Punch (122465) for the laced edges. She lined them up to make it look like lace. Wow! Such creativity! Let's Celebrate on the right had no name on it but I just love the idea of using the iHeart hearts stamps (117010W/118571C) and Heart to Heart punch (119881). She also used the shimmer paint on the background......love it!

Last but not least is the fun Petal Cone die (121810) treat hanger. This could be filled with yummy Hot Tamales.....or something else that you may like. I love the red, white, & blue, don't you? Ooop! I sound like Dr. Suess! Ha! If you have any questions please drop me a note, I will be happy to answer them.
Well, I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. Thanks for visiting today. I have more samples from our Summer Mini exchange coming up...so check back soon!
Smiles, 
T


No comments: