Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Crazy Ladies Craft Night

We met again last night for our Crazy Ladies Craft Night. A few of the crazy ladies couldn't make it and we were down to three of us. Paula had seen this really cute idea on this blog http://www.u-createcrafts.com/2010/02/creative-guest-tator-tots-and-jello.html. We thought it was perfect for this month's craft since Valentine's Day is just around the corner. Here's how ours came out:

This one was Jolynn's. She was so proud of the fact that it is so cute and she made it herself! That's what crafting is all about. Isn't it adorable? I love the colors too.

My daughter Nicole wanted to make one and since our group was a bit small she was able to join in. She loves horses and used some horse scrapbooking papers to make hers. She is going to hang it in her room with the rest of her horse related stuff. It was so easy and my 11 year old did a great job didn't she?
This one is mine. I tried to keep it simple but got a bit carried away with my cupcake liners in the center. I am happy with it. I think I will hang it on my china cabinet. It will match the colors of my kitchen nicely.



Now this is Paula and Tawny's. Tawny was able to make the first one this weekend when she and her mom made one for a sample. She did a fantastic job! And Paula did a great job too. See how different they are just between the few of us? None of them look the same. I love it! Thanks crazy ladies for another fun evening! For the rest of you, start a once a month craft club of your own. Get a few friends together on the same day each month and find ideas online or in magazines of things you'd like to make....and make them.

In the words of my friend Cathy at http://scrappincatscreativeendeavors.blogspot.com/

Find inspiration everywhere! Go... Create something fun and fabulous. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Scrappin' Cat! said...

These are beautiful. I love the newsprint looking background. I'm gonna have to give this a try.

Scrappin' Cat! said...

OK, I gave it a try. Come check it out on my blog. But I have a question, did you cut off the excess bottom of the coffee filters? I was unclear on that part of the tutorial and my heart was huge and kind of floppy and formless. I totally enjoyed this project though, very fun and cute. Thanks. High Five!!!