Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Card Swaps

I belong to several card swap groups. They usually have a different theme everymonth and you make everyone the same card based on the theme. You mail them off and receive a bunch of different ones in the mail based on that theme. It's wonderful to get mail... you know real mail! And a bunch of different cards is a bonus!
Last month's theme was animals. I dug through boxes of stamps trying to find some animals and came to the ultimate conclusion that I don't buy animal stamps! I have flowers, sayings, alphabets, and holiday sets, but no animals. So, it was suggested that I do punch art. There are all kinds of posts out there on Pinterest of people doing wonderful things with punch art. I began to scroll through pages of wonderful designs and then happened upon this one...it was a peacock! I love peacocks. And though technically they are birds..birds are animals and that's what I chose to go with on my swap card. This is how it turned out...

I also used a feather set from SU's last catalog and stamped an envelope to match. I found my inspiration here Peacock Frame Art. Post a comment and let me know what you think! I'll post the cards I received tomorrow so check back! 

No comments: