Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday Card Club Projects-Nature Walk

Well, I spent a good part of last night putting these cards together. Each one was inspired by someone else's creation and I just put my own twist on it or used the materials I had available. I used the Nature Walk stamp set from the Occasions mini. I just love this set. 
I used Pretty in Pink, Sahara Sand, Rich Razzleberry, Early Espresso, and Very Vanilla on this one. I stamped in Early Espresso ink and water colored with the aqua pen in Pretty in Pink. I punched the bottom of the Espresso card stock with the Eyelet Punch and added a tab of the Pretty in Pink & white striped ribbon.  I copied Stampin'Up! demonstrator Amy Higgin's from Canada. I didn't find a blog for her but her card was just so lovely, I had to copy it. 
This one was CASED from another Stampin'Up! demonstrator, Lorrie Reid. She made a whole collection of cards like this and I just loved the colors. I used Sahara Sand, Baja Breeze, and Very Vanilla. I sponged the vanilla seam binding to match with Baja Breeze ink, and then sponged in Early Espresso and Baja Breeze. Oh, and I used the tulip border texture folder. Doesn't this just remind you of spring?
The idea for this one was copied from a card that Kirsten Davies made, she's another Stampin'Up! demonstrator. I tweaked it a bit and used different ribbon and embellishments. This one was made using Sahara Sand, Certainly Celery, and Very Vanilla. I used Certainly Celery ribbon and a vintage looking brad on the bow. I also corner rounded the top right of the card which Kirsten did on her original as well. 
Yay! So, here is the last of my card collection. My favorite color is green so when I saw this one, I had to copy it as well. I copied a card of Terry Blais. You can visit her blog here: http://goinovertheedge.blogspot.com/. I used Sahara Sand, Certainly Celery, Early Espresso, and Very Vanilla card stock. I stamped the Celery card stock with Wild Wasabi ink as well as the birdcage. To finish it up I chose the lace ribbon, a suede button, and a bit of  hemp twine. 
Hopefully, these ideas will inspire you to create something lovely with the Nature Walk set too. Thanks for stopping by!
Tomorrow I will be showing you the portfolio I designed to put these fun cards in. As always, let me know what you think of today's post. It's always good to hear feedback or know that someone stopped by. 




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful! I can't wait to do these tonight!

Lori Turner said...

super cute cards!! I am now following you via Stampin Connection :) Take care!