Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Cards and Inspiration...

After attending my friend Michelle Haney's card buffet on Saturday, I felt the need to come home and create some more cards. Some of these ideas were inspired by some cards seen on Pinterest. It really is a great place to get ideas for anything! Here are the cards I came up with...


I love this stamp set ( Mixed Bunch #125537 clear mount ) and matching punch (Blossom # 125603). The birthday wish is from the Petite Pairs stamp set #122497 clear mount.  It's so quick and easy to stamp and punch and make these fun flowers. I like using bright colors for a summery look!  I used Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, and Tempting Turquoise inks. I really like the effect of stamping one piece of card stock and then cutting it apart to create the panels. My inspiration came from here.  I made another one as well. 

This one I used Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi, Pumpkin Pie, and Bermuda Bay inks. The words are from the Trust God stamp set # 126702 clear mount. Same kind of card...different feel. Which one do you like?

Next, I found inspiration in the rainbow. I just love the bright colors! My inspiration started with this and morphed into what you see here.

I stamped the butterflies using Versa Mark and used The Best of Butterflies set #133345 clear mount.Then I used the Flowering Flourishes #126367 clear mount stamp set for the shwoopies, and then used the Elegant Butterfly #127526 punch, and then embellished with pearls. Words are from the Blooming Kindness  #126422 clear mount set. 
This was similar and I saw a card on Pinterest like it here. I used Stampin'Up! product and Bright colors again for mine. Blooming with Kindness #126422 clear mount set for the words. Fashionable Hearts Embosslits #125596 and Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslits #117332 for the hearts. Add a rhinestone for some sparkle! 
These next ones were inspired by this post, but I didn't make mine as elaborate as she did. I went simple. I used Marina Mist, Tempting Turquoise, and Basic Black. This first one was on Whisper White card stock. I stamped in Versa Mark and embossed with White embossing powder. The stamps used are from French Folliage #121166 (it's on the discontinued list!) Papers used were Black, Marina Mist, and Midnight Muse.
Another twist to the previous card...I used First Edition Specialty Paper #121878 as the base. I stamped over the top, sponged with the same colors. I finished off with a Loving Thoughts #125845 clear mount phrase and some pearls.

I have others in the works that I'll be sharing with you once they are finished. Hope you enjoyed these cards. Drop me a note and let me know which ones you liked.
Happy Stamping!

No comments: