Friday, August 26, 2011

August's Card Buffet

 Here I am! Back again. Things have been just a bit crazy around the ol' homestead lately. I haven't completely stopped stamping, just haven't been doing too much of it lately.
I hosted my monthly card buffet last Friday with a few of my regulars stampers/friends. It was lots of fun and I worked really hard to produce some new cards for them to make.  Here's a few of them I put together....hope you enjoy them.


Season of Friendship (122752)  is a lovely set from the new catalog featuring two stamps that coordinate with punches. The Bird Builder Punch (117191) and Boho Blossoms (119858). You could choose to color the bird in if you stamp it on white, but I thought I'd save time by stamping black onto real red cardstock. The flowers were stamped on white and colored in with markers. This is one of those cards that fit into a standard letter envelope. I just love that!


This shopping bag card was one we did at one of our demonstrator meetings. It was so easy! You just cut rectangles from your favorite papers, top with a ribbon or twine, and there ya go! I used Beyond the Garden DSP (122342).  Too cute!

This one I have previously shown here on my blog. I just love the pink pirouette and black don't you? The jeweled brad adds a nice touch to the bow too! 
Ahhh, Artistic Etchings (120573).....I still love this set. This one was another simple card....just black ink again. I like to show cards that anyone can do with little investment...like the black, white, and red combo here. 
I think I'll add a rhinestone to bling up the butterfly...oh, and probably shimmer mist.....because I'm all about the shimmer! :o)

This set is from the new catalog Hostess section. Precious Butterflies (122517) I just love butterflies! This set is full of them!!! I know it's difficult to tell but I used Marina Mist and Baja Breeze Papers....I am working on a solution to these orange pictures.....please forgive me. Anyway, here's another standard size envelope card. I just love to show people how to use what they have to make great cards.

I also posted this card before. I cased it and haven't been able to locate where I saw it....So Sorry!!! I changed it up just a bit by adding some pink and baja breeze to the embossed shwoopie in the center. It made it more antique like and pretty...not so brown. The Bliss set was part of this year's Sale-a-Bration.

This card was inspired by a card on Stampin' Connection. I just love this stamp (Triple Treat Flower 122909) and the fact that you can use 2 punches (Fancy Flower 118073 and the 5-Petal Flower Punch 119880) with it!!! I went monochromatic here with Baja Breeze but also threw in a choice of Wisteria Wonder, and Pink Pirouette. Some people made multiples of these. Too cute!

Well, I hope you have enjoyed the cards today. Thanks for stopping by. I hope to be back again soon with more ideas for my upcoming card classes.  Happy Stamping!
Smiles,
T

3 comments:

Scrappin' Cat! said...

Loved every single card selection this month. I hope you get some more stamping time soon.

Debbie said...

Tina, love the cards...great colors and ideas. I need to try the easel card. It looks so easy and a different take on a conventional card. Thanks for the inspiration!

Jill said...

Your cards are so beautiful! I'm in love with that last one... I love the colors and textures. Hey-- I still have some goodies from convention for you!! (Where has this summer gone to?!) Let's get together soon!
Hugs,
Jill